Listen. Here’s the thing… we need some contributors here on this ol’ Idaho Lax Reporter. This isn’t meant to be Mikey B’s Wacky Lax Bloggy Blog but that’s what its going to turn into here if I don’t get some help. The second that happens, I’ll probably just give up and quit. And when ILR goes the way of the dodo, it will be all your fault.
So in order to prevent that from happening, we need bodies to help cover the following topics:
1. High School Lax — I’m not going to go to every single high school lax game this fall and spring. In fact, I’m going to go to very very few. It would be absolutely awesome if some person or persons who are familiar with the high school lacrosse scene (boys and/or girls) would volunteer their pens.
2. Youth Lax — Remember how like three seconds ago I said that I won’t be seeing many high school games? Well I’m going to see even fewer youth games. Help!
3. Girl’s/Women’s Lax — I’ve never purposely seen female lacrosse in my life and I don’t intend to start now. Somebody who has should probably start representing.
4. College Lax — I’m going to do my best to keep on top of college ball, especially in the PNCLL (where Idaho, Boise State, and College of Idaho all play). But the fact is that I’m not gonna race to Moscow to watch the first week of practice. And I’m not going to race to Caldwell either. And you know what… I’m not even going to stroll down to Broadway. So if you’ve got inside insight into these teams, you’d better spit it out.
5. Team-specific content — If anyone wants to act as a beat writer for a particular team (youth, high school, college, club… whatever), I’ll publish you to your heart’s content.
6. Personal Stories — Have you moved away to play for Big Lax University? Did you learn lacrosse from a coyote in a peyote-induced vision? Got some other story to tell? Tell it here.
7. Opinions — Got something to say? Shout it from the ILR mountain top.
8. Events — Running an event and want some coverage? Or just want to get out a press release? We’re here for you.
9. How To’s — Want to educate the masses on stringing, passing, shooting, organizing a club, or anything else? Awesome, let’s do it.
10. Etc! — Is there something else tangentially lacrosse related that I blew past? Let’s talk about it!
In short, I want some writers for this site that aren’t me. If you’re not me, then email me at [email protected] and we’ll get you started. You don’t have to be an amazing writer, you just have to know the difference between “their” “there” and “they’re”. Actually, you know what? Screw it. Even if you don’t, I’ll even edit this stuff for you so you don’t look like a fool. C’mon people. Help a brother out.